We are looking for enthusiastic freelancers with a love of writing and good problem-solving skills to join our awesome community management team, providing end-to-end customer support from tweet to account issue resolution.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century.
We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to over 800,000 homes and 5,000 businesses (including Arsenal Emirates) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy.
We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended supplier for 2 years in a row. We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For.
What you’ll do…
- You will interact with our customers daily via digital channels (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the occasional email)
- You will be customer obsessed – their first point of contact, meeting them on their own terms via social media channels
- You will be used to performing at the top of your game in a fast paced environment - speedy, informed responses to our customers is key, but this must be balanced with fantastic and knowledgeable responses with a real sense of understanding for their issues
- You will be the voice of our company on key brand platforms so your writing skills must be fantastic
- You will be friendly and approachable in your tone - and a splash of humour when it’s appropriate
What you’ll need…
- Good initiative and problem-solving skills, doing some detective work where necessary — working across multiple customer management platforms covering different social media and contact channels to solve complaints
- At least 1-2 years of customer service experience essential
- Great communication and cooperation skills – you’re working within a remote digital team, so you’ll need to work hard to ‘pass the baton’ between shifts to provide a seamless service for customers
- A passion for writing, and have perfect spelling and grammar and a good eye for detail. A good sense of humour, and the ability to read a customer/situation well to know when to inject humour as the public face of our brand
- The ability to seek out additional resources to pass on — blogs, FAQs, online articles, screenshots or videos
- A passion to join a rapidly growing green energy company which is revolutionising the industry that it operates in.
- Tech happy! We use a mixture of great tools including Slack, Intercom, Kraken (our in-house CRM platform) and email, and meetings via Google Hangout
- Ability to self-motivate and manage your own workflow, work and learn independently, take ownership of issues through to resolution
- Flexibility with hours essential and willing to work shifts at different times of the day, adaptable to last minute shift changes if necessary
- Empathy and patience to fully resolve a complaint – taking the time and effort to explain fully to customer when things go wrong in a clear way
If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you! To apply please click below to take you to your application.
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window