Working as a Smart Specialist, you’ll be at the heart of everything smart metering at Octopus Energy.
We're looking for a Smart Meter Specialist. You will be an integral part of the Metering team, looking at improving SMETS2 processes and resolving escalated issues. As well as the day to day BAU metering tasks, we will look to assign an area of specialism for you to own. Working as a Smart Specialist, you’ll be at the heart of everything smart metering at Octopus Energy. You will be expected to resolve SMETS2 issues relating to both the meters Octopus install and also ‘Inherited’ meters that we gain when we register new customers.
What you'll do
- You will deal with smart meter issues affecting the end customer experience
- You will work on improvements to the adapter software used by Octopus Energy to communicate with our SMETS 2 portfolio
- You will engage with third parties, to improve the processes they deliver and the customer service they provide
- You will have a technology focus. Technology forms a large part of the Octopus experience, so you will be expected to fully understand the technology we utilise both in the field and also to run our back office processes.
- You will continually look for improvements and you will be expected to define tech improvements to advance SMETS2 processes.
What you'll need
- 2 years experience in a metering or operations role in the electricity or gas industry
- Experience of SMETS2 meters and use of adapter software
- Track record of triaging and resolving smart metering issues
- Proven ability to progress an issue through to resolution
- Ability to locate the underlying cause of an issue and deliver a resolution
- Flexibility to adapt to the priorities of the team
- Equally comfortable working within a team or on an assigned project as an individual
- Strong Excel skills and preferably SQL knowledge
What you'll get
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Access to the business/marketing book library - (it's more of a shelf at the moment but it's getting bigger)
- Breakfast, Fruit and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window