Founded in 2017 we are Germany’s first fully digital energy provider. We leverage cutting edge technology alongside a positive and compelling brand voice to bring a unique offering to the energy market. Our customer centric approach ensures we align product development with the needs of our community. Unlike traditional firms, we view our customers as a valuable resource and sincerely believe that together we can build a brighter future.
We are a technical led company with huge ambitions to disrupt this sector. Our mission is to leverage technology to provide our community with an unparalleled experience, making 4hundred the defacto standard for the German energy market.
Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are extremely pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
To ensure the mission, vision and strategy as laid out by the CTO is executed effectively and comprehensively.
This is a hands-on management style role and one of the primary objectives will be to drive the “centre of excellence” concept across IT. The candidate will have the opportunity to bring his own ideas to the table and influence the shape of this as it is rolled out.
We are looking for a super talented, passionate individual with demonstrable technical capabilities who has a real eye for attention to detail. Someone who is OCD and opinionated (to a degree) about how code should be whilst being proficient in the art of code reviews.
You will work in a collaborative agile environment and have excellent verbal communication and reasoning skills with the confidence to enforce (in the nicest possible way) the core engineering values and processes.
Our server-side platform is built around Microsoft and .NET technologies. We use Service Fabric hosted on Azure to drive our microservices architecture and internally use a service bus as the transport layer as well as a distributed transaction coordinator. Our data persistence approach is polyglot and consists of traditional RDB’s alongside reliable storage (a distributed key value pair storage system).
On the client-side we use Angular, NgRX and SASS.
What you'll do...
- Manage day-to-day activities of the engineering team
- Clear concise progress reports and feedback
- Lead from the front, seeking excellence in all engineering disciplines
- Provide technical guidance and direction whilst being a hands-on resource
- Responsible for feature deployment and the stability of the platform
- Play a mentorship role, assisting others in their duties upon request and constantly promoting the growth of the teams’ professional skills
- Development of a technical resource hub
- Geographically distributed environment
- Work with non-technical stakeholders within the business to understand and refine complex requirements
- Handling multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Some travel (primarily in Europe)
What you'll have...
- 5+ years of solid industry experience in a senior development/team lead position
- Vast experience in the building both consumer and developer facing platforms and services including APIs
- Experience in the management of team(s) through cross-functional projects
- An abundance of self-discipline is an absolute must
- A passion for clean code with the ability to critique it in a clear understandable way
- In depth understanding of design patterns, when and how to apply them
- Proven track-record of consistent project delivery, designing and developing complex or enterprise grade systems
- Experience across multiple of technologies
- Ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress
- Extensive knowledge and experience of software engineering practices such as CI/CD/TDD, instrumentation and telemetry
- An insatiable thirst for knowledge
What you'll get...
- Equity Option Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!
Hey I'm Constantine, welcome to Octopus Energy!×Close window